12.27.2007

Happy Christmas!


Christmas was a blast!
We had Grandpa and Grandma and even Great-Grandma come over early Christmas morning, before anything was unwrapped, this is kind of our Christmas tradition. I don't know who loves it more....the Grandparents, or the kids.




Every year we choose someone to be "Santa's Helper" and pass out the gifts....it's someone different every year. We have a special elf looking apron and hat that says "Santa's Helper" on it and everything.


This year we chose.....Supa Spaz. And he didn't want to wear the special outfit....he wanted to wear his blanket he calls "TeeTee" around his neck like a cape. He thought a person with such an important job, needed to look more SUPERHERO-ish.











.Whatever floats the kid's boat!

Anyway,
Each of the kids get each other something and as Supa Spaz was handing out gifts....he was also handing out the 411 on what was inside the gift he got for each person....


"Mom, this is for you, it's from me, it's a bracelet....you're going to be SO surprised!"


"Dad, this is for you...it's a book. And you can read it too."


"Mom and Dad, this is for you, it's a hand print I made at school for you, and just wait 'til you see it, you will be so surprised, here I'll open it for you. See! I knew you'd be so surprised!"


"Here baby girl, this is for you, it's a Princess Doll....you are going to love it so much and say thank you to me!"


"Here Harry, I got you..."


"WAIT" exclaims Harry Perry...."DON'T TELL ME, YOU'LL RUIN IT!"


"Then do you want me to open it and show you Harry?"


"NOOOO!" Harry responds.


So long story short....this is pretty much how he delivered gifts....the ones that were from other people, he would shake them, smell them and carefully inspect them to try and give the best guess possible to what was inside. Then he would proceed to inform each person what he thought was inside. We finally told him to ZIP IT!


Yes, I suppose we will wait a couple of years before choosing him as Santa's Helper again.


Savvy girl just loves getting presents. Give the girl a pack of stickers and she is overjoyed. I love that it doesn't take more then just a card to make her feel special. Someone thinking of her is what she loves the best. She has kept every card everyone has ever given her. I love that she did this because having cards from Grandma Jacquee' is a treasure to her. In fact her favorite gift this year was from her Great-Grandma. It was a coupon...."Spend the night with Great-Grandma". She wanted to cash it in Christmas night, but we need to wait until Great-Grandma has her surgery.











She gets so excited as she watches everyone open their presents. We just love this girl!













.

.

.

.

.

.

Harry Perry, well if this kid was a cat, he'd be DEAD!

The curiosity just kills this boy. He spends more time wondering what's inside then anyone I know. Weeks, people....weeks!


I think he gets this from me. All my life, the best part of birthdays and Christmases was the anticipation....the wondering.....So I can relate to such anxiety.

Once the wait is over....there is no holding him back....just watch the paper fly.














I have to say....more then any gift he got....the best part of Christmas for him was having his BEST BUDDY there to share it with.



Supa Spaz....he is quite the character. He is opposite of his brother, he spends only a few seconds wondering what's inside, then opens it very carefully and slowly looks at every detail of each item.


But like the others, he loved everything....even the littlest stocking stuffers.


It's the little things....literally...he loves little, pocket sized things.





I think he was most excited about the Wii game. Each of the kids got a Wii game. We told them we were so sorry we couldn't get a Wii.....there just weren't any left. But we could collect the games now and someday...yes, someday. The kids thought that was an excellent idea!


We also told them that our friends the Haley's offered to have us over and use their Wii to play our games on, so the kids were super excited about that!





Now we come to baby girl....She got everything princess of course!























Princess lipstick, princess bracelets, princess necklaces.....and yes...princess dolls.






















But her very favorite was the princess ATTIRE! She even got some blue princess shoes from Auntie Nancy and has been wearing them with her new princess clothes ever since.



But then after all was said and done....it was time for Santa's gift.

"Get ready, Get set, GO!"

and the race was on to tear it open! What is it????


WHAT IS IT???



























IT'S A Wii !!!!

Where oh where did Santa score a Wii ???????


Yes, baby girl was a little disappointed it wasn't another princess dress. But since we have been using it....she is the best dang cheerleader one could ask for. Every time anyone scores a point....she just jumps up and down yelling..."YEAH MAMA" or "YEAH DADDY" etc. then proceeds to do a "you did it" dance.


Even Grandpa was excited about the Wii.....and even joined in the excitement of the moment!



To which he then asked...."What's a Wii?"


We had invited the missionaries and our "older" neighbors from across the street to join us for breakfast and Christmas day fun. Our neighbor even made homemade orange rolls.....to die for!!! After we ate, we set up the Wii and we all enjoyed playing and watching others play...(which is as much fun as playing.) We loved having friends with us Christmas morning.


So all in all, this was our best Christmas ever but not because we all got great gifts or the best orange rolls on Earth and not because we got a Wii.

(although that helps)

But because we have family and friends around us to celebrate the most wonderful time, of the year!



We are truly blessed!

42 comments:

Trish said...

Great pics Susie! I love the narration. Supa Spaz is a crack up! Nannah looks so beautiful, and Harry is just as pensive as ever. I love the pic of Brooken in her princess dress and blue princess slippers. She's so dang cute. I like the grandparents pictures, too. They are the nicest, sweetest, most awesomest in-laws ever. You are blessed! You can still come over and play wii games with us! or we'll come over there and smoke you on Mario & Sonic at the Olympics... hee hee!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

AND I WILL CONTINUE TO SMOKE YOU IN BOWLING...

OH LAST NIGHT WHILE FISHING ON Wii PLAY....I GOT 26OO PTS.
AND A GOLD MEDAL!

Debbie said...

What a great morning! So glad that Santa was able to get a Wii to y'all, you are very lucky indeed! Great pics and narration!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan it is Roberto, nice christmas i am rely happy for ya.
nice famiely. you have it all!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

Holy Crapoly nancy....geez, make me cry why don't you!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

thanks robert....we want you to come here next year....PLEASE!!!

the kids would die to have the STRONGEST MAN IN THE WOOOOOOORLD come for christmas!!!

WE WILL BE NOTHING BUT NICE TO YOU BRO!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats Susan that would be fun. sis

Monica said...

Looks like a fun morning! Those are some great pics. Your kids are getting so big - I can't believe what a big beautiful girl your "baby" is!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

thanks monica.
it runs in the family eh?
and it was such fun.

We were so glad Great Grandma came.

This was the first Christmas in

65years

that she didn't get to spend it with Great Grandpa.
so we were so glad to make a new memory with her.

HOW WAS YOUR CHRISTMAS????

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

Joe's parents are the best!!!
They love coming over Christmas morning, watching as the lil guys come down stairs in their matching pj's and messed up hair and seeing their faces light up as they see all the gifts...

These are the moments I will miss the most when they are gone.

I am glad they get to relive again

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

I'm glad they get to relive these moments again with our kids








Sorry, i didn't finish the last post the way i meant it....whatever

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

cute little baby B... I love the princess dress!!! And the Cinderella bun to match... Reminds me of Elisabeth!
Man - baby B is to die for adorable... she's getting so big!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

And I can't believe how old Savy girl is looking too! All your kids look so much older in just this past year....
Supa spaz and his blankie... that is hillarious! I'm sure he makes a much cuter super hero Santa's helper than one with a plain ole' apron on! I bet he felt so special being santa's helper this year.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

man - it's getting late, I need to get to bed! good night

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

or should I say... good ridd'ns

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

sleep tight!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

don't let those bed bugs bite!



....

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

you better stuff your ears full of cotton, looks like tonight's gonna be a doozy!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

look what'cha did, you little jerk!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

can you tell I'm tired?

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i love how our family knows so many movie quotes...HUT

i only have one friend here who uses movie quotes as punch lines....so i guess i could say she is a kindred spirit...HUT

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

nancy, you should have called me last night...i was up!!
oh well.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

by the way nancy...i love the live,laugh,love plates...totally match the decor!

Muggle Mom said...

awesome!!! you'll love the wii! we love ours!

Anonymous said...

"IM SAILING, IM A SAILER, KEEP SAILING BOB"

Anonymous said...

"WHAT IF I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND I CANT FIND ONE AND MY BLADDER EXPLODES!"

Anonymous said...

HUT

Warren's Blog said...

Congrats on your Wii. Check out Mario Universe. I think you will really like it.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

We got Mario Universe for Christmas. I love it. It's so much fun! At first I was all, "Hugh?"
But as I kept going it got so much fun. And we were all, "this game is so much fun." And Zach was all, "Mine... Mine" which means "it's my turn hand it over.."
and then everyone's all "NO, don't give it to Zach - he'll never give it back..." So Doug's all, "Ok everyone - we're turning the timer on and everyone has 20 minute turns..."

we're all, she's all they're all....

HUT

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

we love you man!
nan-man!

Anonymous said...

Where oh where is Susan my sister that i love!

Anonymous said...

susan, Joe and fam, Roberto is thinking of ya.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

and we are thinking of roberto

Anonymous said...

Well lets just all think together Shall we???
Some things you dont haft to think very hard about like how much i love Susan and Joe and there famiely. i miss you guys and cant wait till Christmas. Roberto.

Anonymous said...

HI Susan who is the grandmother in the picture she has a nice smile!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

hey roberto

Anonymous said...

HEY WHATS CRACKING

Anonymous said...

Earth to susan come in susan.

Trish said...

Dude. Your family cracks me up. Forget the blog already, just read the comments for pure entertainment! Thanks for the date idea with Josh. He's totally going for it. Not sure what we're going to do, but we're not staying home!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

ohhhh YEAH trish....it doesn't matter what you are doing...you aren't staying home, that's the point.

have fun.....it's almost time!!

you've been waiting for this for 6 years

Anonymous said...

Susan do you have schizophrenia
of is Trish a real person???

Queen B said...

I'm queen B from the future. Still a princess!! One pretty princess!!