9.19.2007

LOOK AT THIS STUFF, ISN'T IT NEAT?




Today was one of those days where, it's too hot to go outside, and energy levels are too low to drag 4 kiddos to run errands...so we sit, we sit and watch....what else....The Little Mermaid.



And not once, not even twice, no not that lucky.....4 times. Yes people, I did say 4 times.


Sure, I could have said NO, but "baby girl" says NO alot louder then I do, and while I might say NO once or twice.....she will keep saying it, all the while increasing decibles, and kicking the wall, just to draw attention to the display of disagreement.



So normally, I play the waiting game. She kicks, she screams, she makes it difficult to even hear myself think.....but I stand my ground.






But today.....I just didn't feel like suffering through the reenactment of a flippity, floppity, fish out of water tantrum on the floor.....so I gave in.


The Little Mermaid won.

And now, I think I will sue Disney....


Disney...you're going down!!!



22 comments:

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

You are too much!


NOW that's what I'm talking about, soo soo!

You go girl....

And who runs your family?
Hut... Just kidding. Hey - on those kind of days, it's all about what ever makes them happy and quiet! How funny! You are so funny.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

OH FANCY PANTS...I THINK IT'S OBVIOUS WHO WEARS THE PANTS HERE!!!

WHAT HAVE WE DONE...

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

susan, we definately have OCD!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

BECAUSE WE ARE COMMENT CRAZY???

HA HA HA HA

Debbie said...

You girls crack me up...great reading! I remember Little Mermaid, it was probably one of the first videos we bought and the girls watched it over and over, could sing every song, recite most of the dialog. Great movie but I had moments where I would've liked to have taken Disney down too!!

James Kirby said...

Maybe you could video tape your kids and then make them watch videos of themselves (put to some addictive rthmatic music like, Hammer Time)... then, after they've watched themselves over and over again they would want to dress up like themselves. Problem solved! Now that's flawless, virile logic... is that reduntant :)

Great entry... It makes me dread and hope for the day when I'm carting around my own. Great and dreadful day, indeed.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

DEBBIE, YOU JUST MADE ME SPIT MY WATER ON THE SCREEN ....ha ha ha ha
OH MAN!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

MAN EVERYONE IS ON A ROLL TONIGHT....THANKS GUYS FOR THE HILARIOUS COMMENTS

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i'm still laughing about debbie wanting to take disney down too!

james you are wise! what a great idea....hmmm

Maria Tortilla said...

Wow! thats funny. she sure is one cute smart princess. She knows how to work you man!

Warren's Blog said...

What happened to memorizing the names of all the presidents? Dang, your kids could be in college by now.

Warren's Blog said...

That's really funny Susan. Kids learn early that a good offense is the best strategy,

Muggle Mom said...

so funny! i have those days too. and there is NOTHING wrong with watching little mermaid 4 times.

Me and the Boys said...

"Why Eric...run away with you? This is all so, so sudden." Oh yeah, I hear you Baby Girl. I've had my share of re-run days. Good times!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Good times, kids....... good times.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

Y'ALL CRACK ME UP.

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Wooooh! Wow! How would it be just to have one kid at home? I won't know for a few more years!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

IT IS HEAVEN!!!
I FEEL LIKE I HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME...ONE IS NOTHING!!! PIECE OF CAKE SHE IS!!

MOST DAYS

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Free time Shmee time!
You bragger, you!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Maybe,and that is a BIG maybe, twice a week when I put the three kids at home down for naps at the same time I get an hour or so to myself. About 2 hours (and that's if I'm lucky) a week I get completely all to myself. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a couple hours a day all alone. Only in my dreams - and even them I'm haunted with smelly diapers, crying babies, and mountains of laundry. count you blessing, one by one. Cause you have a whole lot! I do too, there's just more poop involved!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

My my my! Look who the popular one is now!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i'm so poopula