5.10.2009

And the award goes to....

Yes, I am number one..
not because I pick boogers for those who cannot,
or stay up 'til 2 am
finishing a half done project for school.
(that I had only known about for a whole 30 minutes )
Or even because I do mountains of laundry.
(only to find most of it on the floor, still on a hanger)
Nor am I number one for engaging
my little ones in a conversation,
with a smile mind you, while their breath is so rank
I almost pass out.
I wish I could say it is from the hundreds of books
I have read over and over.
(until I have them memorized)
It's not even for the cracked and bleeding nipples
(yes I'm going there)
that I endured for the sakes of my babies' health.
And you know it's definitely not because
I sacrifice sweet sleep in the name of motherhood.
.......................
I am number one because even after lil' goofball gets in trouble
(for the 24th time today)
he, with post-punishment tears
streaming down his face,
hands me a homemade mother's day present and says
"Happy Mother's Day Mom...
I love you,
even when you're mad at me."
So here's to you.... Susan!
Way to go NUMBER 1 MOM!!
sike!
(and now pardon me while I crawl into a hole)
Wait a sec....this isn't my fault.
What's with the crappy gift giving, I mean
who gives their mom GUILT for Mother's day.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAAAA!!! You tackled boogers and nipples in the same post! Awesome. Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Lol...love this post. Happy mother's day!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

augh~ #4, right?
Kudos to your kids' #one mommy!

Debbie said...

What a hoot! I think all our kids have become fantastic moms...I sure don't hold a candle to any of y'all. Our grandkids are so incredibly blessed.

Warren's Blog said...

Would you care to have an emotional complex with that guilt trip?

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

HUT!