3.27.2009

~ ~ ~FLASHBACK FRIDAY~ ~ ~

I wasn't able to blog over Christmas, we had computer problems...so this is a back blog.

We really had the best Christmas ever!


















We got something extra special for Christmas...SNOW!! A small, modern day miracle in this part of the country.
The kids were really wishing it would snow..so one afternoon
we told the kids if they believed....REALLY BELIEVED then maybe it would snow...


They all wrote a letter to Santa..asking,
begging for some winter goodness.
Santa delivered....THANKS SANTA!



This was our neighbor's snowman...everything else had melted by morning but this guy lasted two days I think...awesome!


...We made our first gingerbread house...first REAL gingerbread house anyway...


Also we went to our local fire department, where Santa just happened to be, and ate flapjacks with our Firemen and Paramedics So fun!!


Christmas morning was perfect. We had Grandpa, Grandma, Great Grandma, our neighbors (adopted grandparents) and the missionaries.


















December was a blast, then in January..."Queen B" became a Sunbeam...she picked out a dress that was "sunny" I had something else in mind, but this was her day.


And then I gave "Sweet P" her first pedicure. It was so cute!
















Nothing happened in February.....oh ya, except that I had what could have been a fatal car accident and escaped with little injury. I did get a new sweet ride though!

And so far in March...we went camping over spring break, which I already blogged about....and

Little Sweet P is now 9 mo and she is just a precious gift! She waves BYE BYE and says "da die" while doing it..so if you witness this, I promise she wishes no ill will....she is trying to say "bye bye"















(no teeth yet....she does't seem to mind)

AND finally..we have a new pet..Mario is his name and he is a Monarch butterfly...we can't wait to see him turn to chrysalis, hatch, and then we will set him free to migrate to Canada. We will miss him, but how exciting this process will be!






















































10 comments:

Trish said...

Great pictures Susie! Love the live nativity and snow pics. Thank your kids for me for bringing the snow. That was crazy. I like your new pet, Mario. I hope you will continue to put pics up when he goes through the stages of reaching his potential. :)

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

Mario is so cute - did you catch it or buy it..... if you bought it - how and where? What an awsome family thing to do!
Also - Love that Queen B is so subborn that she only wants to wear what SHE wants to wear (the yellow Sunbeam dress)
It's cute now but just you wait. It was cute when Jessica was 3 too.

A girl w/ a passion to her own fashion ... all I can say to that is you're in for a ride. I'm talking from experience!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

reaching his potential...trish you're so funny.
nancy we knew we were in trouble the minute she was born...i think i created this fashion monster....uh oh.

Anonymous said...

Great post Susan. Such cute pictures!

Debbie said...

So glad you are blogging again! It was definitely worth the wait! Darling pics and what a cool new pet. We wish Mario the best of leaves to grow on!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

thanks guys.....ya, we like him.

the kids think he needs a wife.

so we will see.

Hardy said...

Ok, I have been dying to give Megan a pedicure, but my hubby keeps telling me she is too young! She will be 8 months old on Friday. I am so glad to see that you have already given 'Sweet P' one, now I can win the arguement! =P You have the most beautiful kiddos; they all look like little models. =)

meg said...

Susie! I'd almost given up on you! I'm glad to read about your cute life and cute family. And your first family camping trip? I can't believe you haven't used ALL of that camping knowledge we acquired before now. We were awesome campers! (especially if there's flavor-ice)

meg said...

Oh yeah, and I still want a playdate!!

Queen B said...

This is queen B from the future!! Yes! This queen has style! I'm a ball of sunshine and I needed a dress to match this bright personality! Hahah!! Hutttt.