11.16.2007

wax on, wax off



CONGRATULATIONS
to our lil' guys!









y'all did excellent at testing and you are now...






YELLOW BELTS!



























Savvy girl is standing next to a
former preschool teacher of ours who is also receiving her yellow belt... VERY COOL!


.
The Instructors tie on your new yellow belt
and then bow to you...
It is some kind of honor.
They won't do it again until
you receive your black belt.




The TaeKwonDo academy sends
a paper to their school teacher
to fill out and the children
are awarded STARS , 1, 2 or 3
for academic excellence.
They get to wear these stars
on their belt.

We were so proud that all
our lil' guys got 3 stars each...
It seems, however,
Supa Spaz was a little surprised
he got any at all!




Hip Hip HOORAY!!!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I love what you did with the pictures... what do you call that? Shadowing?

The kids look so cute in their karate chop suits! How do you manage it all?

Anonymous said...

Nice! Remind me not to ever cross those kids, much less their gun-totin' daddy!
Cool pic effects too. Your blog eclipses mine in coolness.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

Oh my gosh josh you're funny.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

the kids absolutely

LOVE

TaeKwonDo!!!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

thanks guys.

It's funny because when they called the three kids up there to give them their stars...The head instructor stopped the ceremony for a second and said "Are you sure there aren't any more, ha ha ha"
everyone laughed....

Then I said...."TWO MORE COMING YOUR WAY...HA HA HA"

everyone laughed even harder.

it was funny

he did this because people usually only have one of their kids there.
and we have a boatload.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

their gun totin' daddy is right!!!

how funny josh.

Maria Tortilla said...

cool Susan! They must take after Pam! Pam would be so proud!
After Yellow is Black right? Your kids are really good! and so darn cute in those suits. I have to ask the same question as Nanc, How do you manage it all? Wait, Nance you're the one with 6 kids...how do YOU manage it all?
Anyway, Congragulations little guy's!!! Mabye you can teach Miles and Ethan how to do some TaeKwonDo moves some day!!

Maria Tortilla said...

what age do kids start?

Maria Tortilla said...

I love how they lined them all up! tallest to shortest.

Maria Tortilla said...

I love how they lined them all up! tallest to shortest.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

no way

after yellow comes
like 8 more belts then

the black belt

even then you can get degrees on the black belt

all the instructors are like 3rd degree black belts....

anyway

yes i think of pam every practice!!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

i don't manage....

i just deal, day to day

monday-piano lessons and family nite
tuesday- taekwondo for 3 kids
wed-gymnastics for 3 kids
thurs-taekwondo for 3
fri-taekwondo for 3 and homemade pizza night
sat-get ready for sunday dinner
sun-primary presidency duties

and then we start the fun again.

basically, a consistant day to day schedule.....i just deal

right now though it's tough not feeling good.
but my chemo meds help

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

I'm just so proud of the kids, they are the ones doing all the hard work, in school and in the extra stuff....
taekwondo
piano
gymnastics
and school!!!

i have been blessed with such awesome kids..i love 'em

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

lots!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

DEBBIE, JOSH AND NANCY PUT UP A COMMENT BEFORE I WAS EVEN FINISHED WITH MY BLOG...I WAS TWEEKING IT AND THERE YOU HAVE IT...SO I HOPE YOU GET TO READ THE REST.

Warren's Blog said...

NIce going, Susan. That is quite an accomplishment. They must have so much dicipline and control to be so good at taekwondo.
What chemo meds?! YOu said you were taking chemo meds?

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

the past couple of pregnancies and the current one....my doctor prescribes zofran for vomiting..

without the pills i end up in the hospital about once a week for dehydration.

so that's what i meant by chemo meds, it's the same stuff they give to chemo patients for nausea and vomiting.

it doesn't seem to be working anymore though....so she is going to give me something diff this week

and yes, i'm so proud of the kids, it totally takes dicipline on their part.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

when morning sickness gets to the point of needing serious drugs...it's called something like hyperemesis..i think i spelled it right..
so this has been my problem with the past 3 pregnancies.

which is why we were sooooo done a couple of kids ago...so the past two are surprises....good surprises but this time

I'M GETTING NEUTERED!!

i can't ever go through this again!!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

SERIOUSLY

Muggle Mom said...

way to go kids!!! that is so awesome!!! hope you start feeling better soon! and my offer to help still stands! :)

Trish said...

Way cool Susie! Your kids rock and even though you "just deal" you are a positive influence for good on them--more than you know! I know it doesn't feel like that when you're sick all the time, but you are doing a great job with them! Joe's OK, too, I guess. JUST KIDDING JOE! (Yeah, don't mess with the guy with the gun.) Love the pics... Josh's comment is a huge compliment because he loves his blog... he thinks he's all that. And I would have to agree... his royal geekiness is kind of a turn on. :)

Me and the Boys said...

Cute post! Your kids are so awesome!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

hi pam...nancy told me she was going to show you this...i think of you every practice.

Anonymous said...

Trish is so funny! Josh must be your husband? Geekness? Turn on?
You go girl!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

yep...you would be correct nano nano

Anonymous said...

cute cute!

Maria Tortilla said...

You mean spayed?

James Kirby said...

Wow... your kids look tough!

Maria Tortilla said...

Man this is so cool! I love it, Your kids are really neat!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

hey, CORRECTION



there are 9 degrees of black belt and it takes like 25-30 years to get...

WOWZERS!

Maria Tortilla said...

Susan,
That long? WOW! I had no idea. I wonder if any of your kids will acually get the black one being that its like 25 to 30 years away, It will be neat to see. Sooooo cool!!

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

ya right...all the instructors are only between 3rd and 5th degree black belts...it's really hard to get all the way to 9th degree, evidentally...

their goal is black belt. so anything beyond that is awesome

Ola said...

That's so cool! When I see them Sunday -- if I feel any better -- I have to congratulate them!!! Great job!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi susan its Robert the blogger and pest control fogger.

Stewartville est. 1995 said...

HUT!!